What is Adobe India Women-in-Technology Scholarship?
This scholarship aims at providing an opportunity to Indian women who want to pursue the career in either in B. Tech or Dual Degree BTech/MTech. The aim of this scholarship is to facilitate outstanding female students in the field of technology and also create gender equality in science, technology, and engineering domains by encouraging women to excel in computing and technology.
Eligibility of Adobe India Women-in-Technology Scholarship:
The eligible criteria for the Adobe India Women in Technology Scholarship are as mentioned below:
- Applicant must be a female student and should ban a Indian citizen.
- Applicant must be pursuing a 4 year BE / B.Tech education program or an Integrated ME/MS/MTech program at an Indian University or Institute in the Computer Science/Engineering, Information Science, Data Science, Electrical/Electronics Engineering, Math and Computing streams.
- Any applicant who is a “related party” to an Adobe employee is not eligible to apply.
* Related Party – Any person having a relationship to an Adobe employee such as the spouse, domestic partner, child, parent, sibling, child-in-law, parent-in-law, or sibling-in-law; any other relative or person who lives in the household of an Adobe employee.
Awards and Benefits:
The eligible female students will get the following benefits:
- The student shall be funded with tuition fees for the remainder of the award recipient’s university education.
- Opportunity for Summer Internship at Adobe India.
- Mentoring by a senior technology leader from Adobe.
- Travel to Grace Hopper Conference India, including participation fees.
How to Apply for Adobe India Women-in-Technology Scholarship?
Follow the below steps to apply for the scholarship:
Step 1: Open the official applicant link and enter email and create a password to register yourself and apply further.
Step 2: On click of ‘Create’, you will be redirected to fill out the form. Fill in all the required details.
Step 3: Attach all the required documents and Submit the application form.
Applications must include:
- Letter of Recommendation from a Professor
- Academic transcripts from your current and past institutions
- Essays: Expect to answer short essay type questions.
* Check Portal for more details.
Terms and Conditions:
- Only female citizens of India and studying in Indian universities are eligible to apply.
- Internship, if selected, will be offered at Adobe India office. Terms & conditions of internships for India interns will apply.
- If selected for this scholarship, the winner will not be eligible for any other scholarships from Adobe for the same year.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions
1. What should the recommendation letter include?
A: Recommendation letter will need to address:
– The duration the applicant is known and in what capacity.
– It should also include if the applicant belongs to the top 5, 10, or 20 percent of the students they have taught
– The applicant should be assessed on:
- Intellectual and analytic strengths
- Technical skills
- Ability to think creatively
- Ambition and initiative
- Ability to work on a team
2. How will the letter of recommendation be submitted?
A: Details will be provided on the portal.
3. When is the deadline for the letter of recommendation?
A: One week after the application deadline.
4. Will I be able to update my scholarship application once I submit?
A: Yes, changes can be made up until the submission deadline.
5. Do transcripts need to be official transcripts signed by the registrar?
A: Not when you apply. At a later stage in the selection process, official transcript signed by the registrar will be asked.
6. Can Master’s students apply?
A: Yes, if pursuing Dual Degree, i.e Integrated ME/MS/MTech program at an Indian University or Institute in the Computer Science/Engineering, Information Science, Data Science, Electrical/Electronics Engineering, Math and Computing streams.