What is Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship?
The Commonwealth Scholarships Commission offers Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship to students from the Commonwealth countries (such as India) who can make a significant contribution to their home country. The scholarship is provided for students applying to masters and Ph.D. programs in the United Kingdom(UK). This is a source of funding made available to all Commonwealth countries by the Commonwealth Scholarships Commission. The Applications for this scholarship is open in August of every year for batches starting the next year.
- The candidate should be an Indian Citizen and should have completed education in the English medium with a minimum score of:
- 60% in Social Sciences and Humanities or
- 65% in Engineering, Technology, Science and Agriculture. Ph.D.
- The Ministry of Human Resource Development conducts preliminary interviews for shortlisting applicants.
Awards and Benefits:
The scholarship covers:
- tuition fee.
- economy return airfare.
- other living expenses.
Areas of Study:
- Engineering and Technology.
- Sciences (Pure and Applied).
- Humanities & Social Sciences.