What is the Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowship?
The United States-India Educational Foundation(USIEF), offers Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowship to Indians who wish to pursue either a master’s course or research in selected U.S. institution. Students wishing to study in the United States of America should apply for this scholarship program. The application time for these scholarships is June prior to the year of the start of the program.
- Applicants must have completed the U.S. equivalent of bachelor’s (4 years of education) from a recognized Indian university with at least 55% marks or a completed master’s degree if the bachelor’s degree is of less than four years’ duration;
- Applicant must have at least 3 years of full time paid work experience in the area they wish to study in.
- Applicant must not have another degree from a U.S. university or be enrolled in a U.S. degree program.
- If the applicant is employed, please follow the instructions carefully regarding the employer’s endorsement. If applicable, please obtain the endorsement from the appropriate administrative authority on the FNMasters Employer’s Endorsement Form. The employer must indicate that leave will be granted for the fellowship period.
- Leadership and community service, communication skills, and motivation to pursue study and contribute to nation-building are a few areas candidates are evaluated on, and thus should be highlighted in the application.
Areas of Study:
- Arts and Culture Management including Heritage Conservation and Museum Studies.
- Environmental Science.
- Higher Education Administration.
- International Legal Studies.
- Public Health.
- Urban and Regional Planning.
- Public Administration.
- Women’s Studies/Gender Studies.
Awards and Benefits:
The scholarship covers tuition fee, airfare (economy), textbooks, and a living stipend, i.e it provides:
- J-1 visa support.
- Round-trip economy class air travel from fellow’s home city to the host institution in the U.S.
- Funding for tuition and fees (USIEF funding may not cover all costs and the scholar may need to supplement grant benefits with other resources), living and related costs.
- Accident and sickness coverage per U.S. Government guidelines.
How to Apply?
FNMaster’s Applicant Annexure
FNMaster’s Employer’s Endorsement Form