What is MKG Chess Scholarship?
ChessBase India Foundation offers MKG Chess Scholarship for girls below 18 years of age who is talented in playing chess. The main objective of the scholarship is to provide financial support to the poor girl child but talented in chess, for their education. The MKG Chess Scholarship is the first scholarship under the HelpChess initiative of the ChessBase India Foundation.
- Applicant must be a girl of age below 18 years.
- Applicant must be interested in playing games.
- Applicant must belong to a family having low family income.
- Applicant must have achieved something significant in the last one year.
Awards and benefits:
- The selected scholar will get INR 50,000 for a year in installments.
- The scholarship amount of INR 6,000 will be provided for the first month and INR 4,000 for the rest of the 11 months.
- The disbursement of the scholarship will start from 1st of August and after that will be provided on the first of every month.
How to apply?
Step 4: Submit the application form.
The selection of the winner of the scholarship is decided by the ChessBase India panel and the person/family that has instituted the scholarship. Your chances improve significantly if you have filled the above form.