What is Post Doctoral Fellowship for Women Candidates?
University Grants Commission(UGC) of India offers Post Doctoral Fellowship for Women Candidates, for women who are unemployed holding Ph. D. degree in their respective subject areas. The main objective of this scholarship is to accelerate the talented instincts of the women candidates to carry out the advanced studies and research. The total duration of the fellowship is 5 years and there is no provision for further extension. The number of slots available under the scheme is 100 per year.
- The Applicant should be unemployed.
- The Applicant must have been awarded the Ph.D. degree to be eligible to apply (Provisional Certificate may be accepted in case the degree is not awarded).
- The Applicant should be 55 years of age as on the last date of submission of online application. There shall be age relaxation for SC/ST/OBC/PWD (Persons with Disabilities for 5 years).
- For applicants belonging to general category, a minimum of 55% of marks at UG level and 60% of marks at PG level is required.
- For applicants belonging to reserved categories (SC/ST/OBC/PWD), a minimum of 50% of marks at UG level and 55% of marks at PG level is required.
- Applicants must upload the No Objection Certificate from the proposed research center duly signed by the HOD and Registrar/Principal/ Director of the University/College/Institute as per Annexure-I.
- Transgender candidates are eligible to apply under the scheme.
Awards and Benefits:
The financial assistance available under the scheme is as follows:
|Fellowship||Rs.38,800/-p.m. for fresh candidates.
Rs.46,500/-p.m. after two years.
|Contingency A||Rs.50,000/-p.a. for five years|
|Escorts/Reader assistance||Rs. 2000/- p.m. (fixed) in cases of PWD (Person with disability)|
How to apply?
Step 1: Visit the official site and click on ‘Apply Now’.
Step 2: Fill out the application form with all required details.
Step 4: Enclose all the required supporting documents.
Step 5: Submit the Application Form.
Terms and Conditions
HRA: Post Doctoral Fellowship provided with accommodation in hostel recognized/ maintained by the institutions may be reimbursed the hostel fee, excluding mess, electricity, water charges, etc. A certificate to this effect is to be furnished through the Registrar/Director/Principal (Annexure-II).
If Post Doctoral Fellow makes her own arrangements of accommodation, she may be entitled to draw HRA as per categorization of the cities by the Government of India. The Post Doctoral Fellow will submit a certificate for this purpose to the UGC for claiming HRA through the concerned University/Institution/College.