What is Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Scholarship for Research in Social Sciences?
University Grants Commission(UGC) of India offers Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Scholarship for research in Social Sciences with an aim to compensate direct costs of higher education especially for such girls who happen to be the only girl child in their family. Promotion of women education to give girl child equality and dignity is one of the main objectives of this Scholarship Programme.
- Applicant should be the single girl child of her family.
- Applicant must have taken admission in the Ph.D program in Social Science research in any Indian college/university.
- Admission to Ph.D. Course in Distance education mode is not covered under the scheme.
- Girl students up to the age of 40 years for general category and 45 years for the reserved categories i.e. SC/ST/OBC and PWD (Persons with Disabilities) as on the last date of submission of online application are eligible.
- Transgender candidates are eligible to apply under the scheme as per the norms.
Awards and Benefits:
The financial assistance available under the scheme is as follows:
|Fellowship||Rs. 25,000/- p.m. for Initial two years
Rs. 28,000/- p.m. for remaining tenure
|Contingency||Rs. 10,000/- p.a. for initial two years
Rs. 20,500/- p.a. for remaining tenure
|Escorts/Reader assistance||Rs. 2,000/- p.m. in case of PWD candidates|
How to apply?
Step 1: Visit the official site and click on ‘Apply Now’.
Step 2: Fill out the application form with all required details.
Step 4: Enclose all the required supporting documents.
Step 5: Submit the Application Form.
Terms and Conditions
- In a family if one son and one daughter is available then girl child will not be considered for fellowship under the scheme.
- Proof of being single girl child has to be submitted on an affidavit of Rs.50/- Stamp paper from the fellow/parent duly attested by SDM/First Class Magistrate/Gazetted Officer (not below the rank of Tahsildar) as per the prescribed proforma (Annexure I) at the time of filling the online application.